Takaki Nakanishi – Profile
Analyst and CEO, Nakanishi Research Institute, Co., Ltd.
Takaki Nakanishi has a unique and broad experience in (1) management, (2) a research quality controller, and (3) a publishing analyst sell-side both from sell-side and buy-side aspects. He has covered the auto industry uninterrupted since 1994. Nakanishi ranked 1st in the Institutional Investor All-Japan Research Team Rankings for the auto sector for six years running from 2003 to 2009, and was also 1st in the Nikkei Veritas Analyst Rankings over the same period. He returned to the sell-side analyst in 2011 after experiencing asset management business and was ranked again the 1st in both the Institutional Investor All-Japan Research Team Rankings and the Nikkei Veritas Analyst Rankings in 2013.
- 2013 – Present: Analyst and CEO, Nakanishi Research Institute, Co., Ltd.
- 2011: Head of Asia Pacific Auto Research, Deputy Chairperson of the Asia Pacific Research Recommendation Committee (RRC) and Chairperson of the Japan RRC, Merrill Lynch (Japan) Securities Co., Ltd.
- 2009: Head of Alliance Growth Research, AllianceBernstein Japan Co., Ltd.
- 2006: Head of Japan Equity Research Dept., Managing Director, and Senior Auto Analyst, J.P. Morgan Securities, Tokyo Branch
- 2002: Managing Director and Senior Auto Analyst, UBS Securities
- 1995: Moved to Merrill Lynch Japan as the merger
- 1994: Auto analyst, Smith New Court Securities, Tokyo Branch
- 1990: Equity sale., Yamaichi International (America), Inc.
- 1988: Equity sales, Foreign Corporation Dept., Yamaichi Securities Co., Ltd.
- 1987: Research Analyst, International Sales Dept., Tokyo Securities Co., Ltd.
- 1986: B.S. (Finance and Management), University of Oregon